Diversity and Inclusion
People across the world are demanding change in relation to policies and attitudes that lead to inequalities. The message, which we wholeheartedly endorse, is clear. Prejudice, of any sort, cannot be tolerated.â€¯We recognise that there is much to do at every level to ensure that deep seated and fundamental inequalities are addressed.â€¯
As a school, we are proud of our richly diverse community and we celebrate the talents, aspirations and individuality of every member of our community in our six core values of integrity, cooperation, aspiration, respect, unity and responsibility.â€¯We believe that the best starting place is within ourselves as individuals and within our own school community. Our commitment to social justice, being actively anti-racist, diversity and inclusion and the eradication of inequalities has a platform for discussion and debate and a process to review, challenge and change. Our Diversity and Inclusion Working Party was established in November 2020 and is representative of our community of staff, pupils, parents, governors.
Their responsibility of the Diversity and Inclusion Working Party is to steer our commitment to social justice, being actively anti-racist, diversity and inclusion and the eradication of inequalities through driving agendas for:
- ongoing curriculum and policy reviews;
- our continued commitment to the pioneering work of Raising the Game, aimed at raising academic achievement, improving the educational experience and narrowing the attainment gap for Black Caribbean pupils in Lambeth;
- providing opportunities to promote anti-racism, social justice, diversity and inclusion, through:
- Black History Month
- LGBT History Month
- Art projects and workshops focussing on self and identify
- developing children's understanding of the context and impact of injustice in our history and in society today;
- reviewing the effectiveness of our teaching of social justice, inequality, diversity and inclusion, racism and anti-racism;
- staff development reviews to identify training needs;
- change where necessary.